These workshops can be scheduled in your area. Please use the form below to request a date and a quote. Note that available dates are limited so prepare a few options.
Workshops provided to groups under the auspices of the Federation of BC Writers are $150 plus travel and accommodation.
Workshops presented to non-FBCW groups are $250 plus travel and accommodation.
Attendees are given a password to view the copy of the presentation. If you attended a workshop, please click on the title/link for the one you were at.
An explanation of the details writers need to know when using quotations or pictures from others, or when you need to protect your own work.
Overview of the deductions that writers should be entitled to, and tips on filling out the T2125.
What to watch out for in our digital world and still get your name out there safely.
Using Amazon’s CreateSpace (TM) to publish your manuscript in a rapidly changing publishing industry.
Interviewing & Writing
Is there a book in your family’s adventures? Tips on organizing the interviews and then writing it into a manuscript.
Small Business Operations
Choose from this list of topics that I developed and presented at Langara College. Each topic is tailored to your requirements for the length, detail and focus of the workshop:
- Your Plan – do you know what you want to do? What should you do as a small business or professional in your field? How do these goals and tasks interact?
- The Inconvenient Details – laws, rules, regulations, and conventions; risks and insurance.
- Measuring Your Money – before, during and after.
- Software, Hardware and The Internet – making tasks easier; avoiding identity fraud.
- Working Lean – how to know what you are really doing; why are you doing it; working better.
- Customers and Staff Are People – how it used to be done; why we don’t it that way anymore; best practices for better results.
- Marketing and Promotion – different strokes for different demographic targets.